Save the Davidson Barn

...Once and Future Community Center

Davidson Barn

Davidson Barn History

The barn was built in the years 1838-1840 on the farm of Caleb and Martha Davidson, which is located northwest of present day Eureka, Illinois. We know of this, and more, through a paper written in 1943 by Annie E. Davidson, a granddaughter of Caleb and Martha. In 2008, a very thorough historic structures report was prepared by the cultural resources management firm Fever River Research, authored by Christopher Stratton and Floyd Mansberger. Also in 2008, Lorraine Hinshaw agreed to do a video interview describing her years on the farm during the 1930's and early 40's, which begins the time when the farm was owned by Eureka College. These are cited below.

__________________
1. Annie E. Davidson, "The Old Davidson Barn," 1943.
2. Stratton, Christopher and Floyd Mansberger, "An Architectural Assessment of the Davidson Barn, Rural Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois," Fever River Research, Inc., Springfield, Illinois, 2008.
3. "Video Interview with Lorraine Hinshaw," 2008
4. More History.

Barnstorming, Inc.